The Lion Foundation

The Lion Foundation

We work closely with a huge number and variety of community groups across New Zealand with one single objective in mind – to help Kiwis make a difference in their community. Rather than simply issuing cheques and walking away, we take a keen and active interest in the activities of our grant recipients to make sure the outcomes benefit the wider community.

Our funding policy is simple. Funds are available for any charitable, philanthropic or cultural purpose that benefits thelocal community – large or small. All grants must be used for goods and services within New Zealand. We’re unable to fund any projects or events that are already underway. 

FUNDS RAISED IN YOUR COMMUNITY GO BACK TO YOUR COMMUNITY

 

Approximately 90% of profits from our venues are returned to help the local community in which they were generated. The remaining 10% of funds are used to support national initiatives and organisations that deliver activities and programmes back into local communities across the country.

WE FUND A HUGE RANGE OF GOOD CAUSES

 

The Lion Foundation’s funding policy is structured to ensure that many different community causes can benefit.

Funding is shared between the areas of community, which includes arts, culture, heritage and environment (30%), health (20%), sport (40%) and education (10%).

Lion Foundation

HOW TO APPLY

 

If your not-for-profit club, charity or community group needs funding, we may be able to help you too.Grant application forms are available from your local Lion Foundation venue or from our website www.lionfoundation.org.nz.

We're happy to help you through the application process so if you have any queries please call 0800 802 908 or email info@lionfoundation.org.nz